Construction is one of the most litigious industries to work in, with claims often encompassing many parties and complexities (no matter how small or large the project). Changes to legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as rising costs, continue to put pressure on the construction industry and have led to a rise in professional indemnity insurance claims against engineers and architects. Now, more than ever, design consultants need to be aware of the risks and claims made which are associated with their services, reconsider their level of liability, and actively manage their risk.
Join us for our next webinar where Adele Monaco and Hayley Davani, Claims Managers at Focus Underwriting, will highlight important risk areas for design consultants to be aware of including where they engage subconsultants or coordinate their work. More specifically, Adele and Hayley will consider:
- types of claims made against consultants;
- recent case example: liability for your engineer subconsultant;
- a recent SafeWork prosecution against a design consultant;
- lessons from Court – managing your client; and
- recent claims trends for architects – breach of copyright claims & Architects Registration Board complaints.