Please note: About two-thirds of the content of this course is very similar to our course informed Beginnings 2022. The 2023 version has different claims examples and a new section on document management.
Are you a recent graduate or young design consultant? Want to impress your colleagues and boss with your understanding of fundamental aspects that impact on the construction industry or build up your team’s understanding? Or are you just looking to refresh your memory on the fundamentals? This is the Webinar for you!
Join us (or have your team join us at discounted group prices) for this extended 2 hour presentation where we will help you wrap your head around some of the basic principles relating to the performance of your professional services as well as prevalent issues in the current construction environment, contracts and clauses to look out for and the types of most common claims relating to your professional indemnity insurance.
More specifically our Risk Managers, Nina Stone, Lisa Wastell-Anthony, and Felicity Dixon will be focusing on and discussing:
- a consultant’s duty of care owed in tort and relevant legislation;
- common causes of claims and recent case law;
- the importance of keeping good records and how this can help you in the event of a professional indemnity insurance claim;
- what your professional indemnity insurance is likely to cover; and
- the importance of contracts, including clauses to avoid.